● Do not put oils in eyes, ears, or up nose!
● Always drink out of glass or stainless steel when using oils.
● Apply a small amount of oil to your skin to test for a skin reaction before using. Should
you have irritation, redness, itching, or burning, apply a carrier oil (fractionated coconut oil, olive oil,
or a natural vegetable based oil) to the area to dilute the essential oil and stop the sensation.
Do not use water!!
● If you get oil in your eye apply 1-2 drops of carrier oil to the eye to ease the burning. Do not use water!
● Be sure to read labels prior to ingestion. Some oils should not be taken internally.
● Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity. Do not apply to exposed skin prior to being in the sun.
● Please reference oil/drug interactions in the books. Caution for Epilepsy.
● It is important to remember that therapeutic grade essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts and should be used with reasonable care. Typical application is 1 drop or less for most applications. Please consult a physician if you have any concerns.
● To improve absorption, slow evaporation, prevent skin sensitivity, and allow for the distribution of oils over a greater area it is recommended to use carrier oil with all oils. My favorite adult dilution is 20 drops of each essential oil in a 10ml roller with the rest fractionated coconut oil. Check dilution charts for more details and recipes in your books.