While there are some essential oils that are discouraged for use with pets, there are many others that can appropriately be used topically on your pets. Here are just a few suggested essential oils you can be rest assured are safe to use:
• Cedarwood, Lemongrass, TerraShield, Arborvitae: Helps repel pests
• Lavender, Myrrh and Frankincense: Help sooth irritations and promote healthy skin and coat
• Clary Sage, Lavender, Serenity: Calms anxious feelings and excitability, great for dogs who have anxious feelings during firework displays, thunder or being separated from their human.
• Peppermint: Soothes joint discomfort, and also helps to repel pests
• Ginger and DigestZen: supports healthy digestion and relieve stomach upsets
• Helichrysum and Lavender: Use topically to help soothe and relieve skin issues
• Copaiba: This essential oil is nothing short of amazing. It's versatility compares to that of Frankincense and it is just as gentle. This oil can be used safely on all species (dilute for dogs, cats, and small animals, reptile and birds.) This oil, high in sesquiterpenes, in particular Beta-Caryophyllene (BCP) supports multiple body systems, including respiratory system, the integumentary system (skin, hair, hooves, and nails), the cardiovascular and lymphatic systems, the digestive system, the renal system, as well as the nervous system, brain and spinal cord.